Heroes of the Storm

Games we like that aren't WoW
Tziva
Grade A Certified Not-Crazy
Main Character: Tziva

Re: Heroes of the Storm

Postby Tziva » (Friday) 04.01.16 • 16.36

I'd really like to play more Hero League. I log in and crank out some quests once or twice a week but I still am really enjoying the game and would love to play more. Chair League sounds cool
Hanstall
The Best Raid Leader That Ever Mispronounced Your Name
Main Character: Hanstall

Postby Hanstall » (Monday) 04.04.16 • 16.09

Throwing this out there for anyone who wants to play Hero League, Hero Team League, or Chair League that does not have 14 heroes at level 5 or higher:

Starting Friday, April 8th get all Heroes Unlocked (for 3 days) and 50% bonus XP (for 10 days)! :shock:

You can stack this with friend party bonus or a Stim Pack. I'll be around on the weekend if anyone wants to group up.
Celebrate Heroes of the Dorm with a Full Hero Roster and 50% More XP
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Thursday) 04.14.16 • 17.18

Of course, when I'm out of the country ;)
Hanstall

Postby Hanstall » (Monday) 04.24.17 • 23.59

It is TwoPointEve. :D Heroes of the Storm 2.0 drops tomorrow and the launch event has a promotion that no one who might vaguely be interested should miss. Just for logging on until May 22 you can pick one Mega Hero Bundle of 20 free heroes. This means that everyone who starts the game can play every game mode except ranked modes right away. The revamped progression system means that gold and leveling heroes at any level is now worthwhile. You can check out all the HoTS 2.0 hype at the launch event tomorrow, but if you played before a short summary of what has been added to the game since launch is:

• 6 New Maps
  • 1 Reworked Map
  • 29 New Heroes
  • 33 Hero Reworks
  • Tons of New Mounts & Skins
  • Completely Reworked Ranking System
  • Unranked Draft Mode
  • Weekly Brawls (New Wacky map each week)
  • Huge Improvements to Match Making
  • Ton of Seasonal Events (Hallow’s End, Christmas etc.)
  • Heroes Global Championship (Weekly eSports Tournament)
  • Numerous UI Improvements
  • Endless Balance Updates
  • New Progression & Reward System
  • New Cosmetic Items (Banners, Voice Lines, Emoji’s, Sprays, Portraits)
  • Master Taunts :P
  • Announcer Packs

Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Tuesday) 04.25.17 • 23.44

Yeah overall the changes looked great. Logged in this evening when I got home and was not disappointed. Well, actually I was disappointed that apparently THE EYE PAD IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THE SECOND I CAN BUY IT WITHOUT SPENDING $10. :'(

Haven't played much since Overwatch was release because so in love with Overwatch but looking forward to my obligatory games to unlock more goodies.
Hanstall

Postby Hanstall » (Tuesday) 05.02.17 • 14.25

For anyone who is curious on exactly how the Nexus Challenge 2.0 works check out FAQ For Nexus Challenge 2.0. Basically you can do it anytime before May 22nd but you can only do up to the week that is available. We are in week 2 now so you can do both week 1 and 2 at this point. After week 1's 5 games you have to play versus real people for the games to count but don't stress. There are tons of new players now and it is easy and quick to find a game in Quick Match or Unranked Draft against people of whatever your skill level once the match making system has a chance to see you play a few games. It is also a lot more fun against real people as AI games can get fairly predictable although the AI can be mechanically good.

Personally I suggest Unranked Draft unless you are married to a particular hero. Quick Match is often a clown fiesta because although you may get a mirror match you are not guaranteed to get a composition that makes sense. You often get no healers or no tanks, although it will make sure neither side has them for fairness if one doesn't. On the other hand Unranked Draft gives you a chance to see how the game is really supposed to be played with the strategy of the draft and reasonable comps in an environment where no one cares much who wins or loses. I'm always up for some relaxed QM or Unranked games so feel free to ping me anytime if you want to work on some of your games for the week. I usually play Support but can do anything decently except (ironically) tank. :)
Hanstall

Postby Hanstall » (Tuesday) 10.03.17 • 23.58

Since Trivia mentioned the Eyepad, it went on sale again today in the HoTS store for 400 Shards. Also her:

In other news I finally made it to Gold in Hero League last night. Go me! :) Hit me up if anyone wants to play some relaxing non-Ranked games.

Screenshot2017-10-02 23_24_56.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Sunday) 10.08.17 • 16.03

awesome grats

also yesssssss eye pad
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Sunday) 10.08.17 • 16.04

I SEE NO EYE PAD.

although I am sure it will come up for halloween event
Hanstall

Postby Hanstall » (Saturday) 11.25.17 • 00.15

New this week is HotS first PvE game mode Escape from Braxis. In this Brawl your team of 5 players has to battle through a bunch of Zerg complete with the occasional boss to escape from a "dungeon". Players can resurrect other players after a short channel but if all players are dead the mission fails. This is a very fun dungeon run that is reminiscent of another game we all like to play. :D (It is also a great way to farm XP.)

Things aren’t looking great, soldier. You’re stranded on Braxis and the UED is overrun. The Omegaswarm has surrounded you on all sides, and your only shot at survival is to press through the onslaught, make it to the extraction point, and get off this forsaken rock. Will you fall victim to the Swarm, or can you work together and Escape from Braxis?

Return to “Video Games”