All things World of Warcraft
Tziva
Grade A Certified Not-Crazy
Main Character: Tziva

Blizzcon 2013

Postby Tziva » (Tuesday) 02.19.13 • 08.40

battle.net is down so you get the link from MMOC:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/313 ... November-8

BLIZZCON!!!1!1 The seventh BlizzCon is coming to the Anaheim Convention Center Friday, November 8 and Saturday, November 9, 2013. Those who join us for this epic community gathering will experience two solid days of hands-on time with the latest Blizzard games, in-depth developer discussion panels, intense eSports action featuring some of the top players in the world, and a variety of other exciting activities and events. Further details on the show, including ticket pricing and availability, will be posted here on BlizzCon.com at a later date. In the meantime, check out the press release for more info and prepare to help us blow Anaheim's mind.

Press Release:

BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT’S BLIZZCON® 2013 STORMS ANAHEIM NOVEMBER 8 AND 9

IRVINE, Calif. – February 19, 2013 – Gather your guildmates, muster your minions, and summon your swarm! Blizzard Entertainment today announced plans for its seventh BlizzCon® gaming convention, taking place Friday, November 8 and Saturday, November 9 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. For two epic days, members of Blizzard’s gaming community from around the globe will descend on Anaheim to meet, play, and celebrate their shared passion for all things Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo®.

“BlizzCon gives us a chance to connect with our players and share our latest projects in a very personal way,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Members from all of our gaming communities have helped make this event bigger and better every time, and we look forward to meeting up and celebrating with them in November.”

In addition to serving as a gathering place for Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, BlizzCon will offer attendees a chance to enjoy:

Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
Community contests with great prizes
Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
More activities and attractions to be announced
The previous BlizzCon was held in Anaheim in October 2011. Tickets to the event sold out in seconds, and highlights included the unveiling of the fourth World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria®, and an epic closing concert featuring rock legends Foo Fighters.

Further details about BlizzCon 2013, including ticket availability and pricing, will be announced on the official BlizzCon website (www.blizzcon.com) as the event draws closer. Those interested in attending the show in person can make advance hotel reservations now and receive special BlizzCon rates by booking through the BlizzCon hotel website.

November :( Sorry Gel

*crosses fingers for tickets*
Tziva

Re: Blizzcon 2013

Postby Tziva » (Tuesday) 02.19.13 • 12.12

Don't know when tickets will go on sale, but for when they do...

This is my general ticket purchasing strategy:

• Have the ticket page open and ready.
    • Open your WoW client, and park yourself in a major city (so you can hear the hourly chimes). Make sure you have the option checked in your sound settings to allow the sound to play even when you're tabbed out.
    • Use the IN-GAME clock (make sure its set to server time, not local time). It is a frequently-heard complaint that the tickets go on sale "a few minutes early" every year. If you use the in-game clock, you will have the right time in relation to the tickets.
    • When the in-game clock says it's a minute 'til, begin spamming F5 on the ticket page. Or just listen for the clock chimes.
    • Hit purchase as soon as it pops up. You can change the amount later at check-out. (make sure when you do change the amount, you hit 'update' after adjusting the number in the box, otherwise hitting purchase will process your original quantity.

It has not failed me yet, but it's still a crapshoot.
Sinister
Asshat Aristocracy
Main Character: Sinister

Postby Sinister » (Tuesday) 02.19.13 • 12.49

My strat involves failing at getting them from the website (I did get them one year).

I then either contact my friend at blizzard to see if they have any extra F&F tickets or bother Tziva for one of her extra tickets.

Seems to work for me :P
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Tuesday) 02.19.13 • 12.58

I don't usually buy extra tickets, although one year I did buy tickets for two people who were way behind me in line (I think that was you and Han, Cal). It's nice to be on voice chat for that reason, so we can pick up extra if it's clear one of our friends won't make it.

But I'm not like Quin, who just buys four tickets each year because he knows someone will want the other three (which, btw, he usually sells with goodie bag at cost, so he's a good avenue for buying them also if you get unlucky).

Matt is going to go this year again too *confetti*
Zazi
[Delicious]
Main Character: Zazi

Postby Zazi » (Tuesday) 02.19.13 • 14.53

How much does this usually cost?
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Tuesday) 02.19.13 • 15.18

Zazi wrote:How much does this usually cost?

Last year, tickets were $175 for both days. If it goes up, I wouldn't expect more than $200. $100 a day is similar to what many cons cost, but obviously it's still hard on the wallet. That said, you get a lot of stuff for your money, in terms of things to do, and entertainment, and goodie bags, so I think it's well worth the cost if you can swing it. Also, they've improved a lot of things over the years so in terms of functionality it has been getting better and better (shorter, faster lines, more main panel seating, etc, etc), which helps with the "ugh lines and crowds" burn out.

But, yeah, $400 for the tickets for the both of us; we basically treat it like a yearly vacation.
Zazi
[Delicious]
Main Character: Zazi

Postby Zazi » (Tuesday) 02.19.13 • 15.26

I think it'd be fun. I'm going to try and nab a pair of tickets.
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Tuesday) 02.19.13 • 15.46

Zazi wrote:I think it'd be fun. I'm going to try and nab a pair of tickets.

I was trying to convince Sol earlier how fun it was.

A bunch of us usually meet up for lunch one of the days, but we also often hang out on the floor together. It's nice to have a group with seats taking turns to go do the demo lines and stuff.
Furlisa
Main Character: Furlisa

Postby Furlisa » (Thursday) 02.21.13 • 22.43

Hmm... I have never gone, but being in SoCal I should make a good effort to make the trip this year as it sounds like fun and from what Han told me about last years gathering, it appears being with a group of guildies makes it better.
Sinister
Asshat Aristocracy
Main Character: Sinister

Postby Sinister » (Friday) 02.22.13 • 00.03

Some people in the area just show for the lunch.

Return to “WoW General”