[PTR] Flex Raid Testing

All things World of Warcraft
Tziva
Grade A Certified Not-Crazy
Main Character: Tziva

[PTR] Flex Raid Testing

Postby Tziva » (Wednesday) 08.07.13 • 14.39

I mentioned this to a few people in guild the other day but thought I'd make a post since several people expressed interest.

I'm trying to get a Flex raid group together to test Siege on the PTR on an upcoming Friday or Saturday night. There is a small core of us who need to run it for wowdb and then we'll try to fill in the remaining spots with friends before resorting to PuGs.

We will not know that far in advance when so if this even remotely interests you, I suggestion:

• Download and install the PTR client in advance
• Copy your best-geared character(s) / prepare premade / addons
• Watch the randomised options on the login screen for a faction change and make them Horde. (it changes every 30 minutes - check periodically)
• Please please please run Curse client with profiler upload enabled. Make sure you add your PTR client to the Curse client.
• Add me on battletag over there.

I can help you with any of the above if you don't know how.

Flex raiding is available some PTR weekends from Friday until Monday. We do not know which weekends in advance, but it is always those days, and there will probably be at least two more weekends of testing. Unfortunately this may be a few-hours-notice kind of thing.

I suspect we'll have a tank shortage.

Questions?
Renitoor
Freakbeam Flinger
Main Character: Renitoor

Re: [PTR] Flex Raid Testing

Postby Renitoor » (Wednesday) 08.07.13 • 16.41

One issue is knowing what ptr server as well as they don't let you transfer to all of them sometimes.
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Wednesday) 08.07.13 • 16.52

bent wrote:One issue is knowing what ptr server as well as they don't let you transfer to all of them sometimes.

You can cross-realm Flex.

We're on Anaesteria or however the hell it is spelled, but I there was a bug (?) this build that is possibly blocking people from transferring there.

Brill is the server we're combined with, though, if you don't want to cross-realm.
Gelhiss
Our Resident Hobo
Main Character: Gelhiss

Postby Gelhiss » (Friday) 08.09.13 • 22.14

Gel is in process. Brill was the option I had, so there I went.
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Friday) 08.09.13 • 23.46

Yeah almost everyone is on Brill now.

We'll probably try again tomorrow night if folks are around and we can get enough non-PuGs. Borderline not worth trying with 50% PuGs - half of them are terrible and the other half are 13/13 HM elitists who leave after one wipe. Would love to try again with Gel/Korman/Troy/Me at minimum but more from Peppers would be awesome.

I left some feedback:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9628532983#9

(Aww Simca called you skilled Troy)
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Saturday) 08.10.13 • 23.23

Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Friday) 08.16.13 • 09.19

As I mentioned to folks yesterday, we're probably going to try again for flex testing tonight. They haven't announced its availability yet for this weekend, but it will most likely happen since they will need to use every remaining weekend to have time to test everything before the patch.

They've made some tweaks to tuning supposedly, and there's also a "Helping Hand" buff that seems to function on PTR similar to Determination. However, I'm not sure if the latter is implemented yet, but it was in the data files. In any case, hopefully this weekend we win.

Reminder, if you're interested in coming: Fly out to Townlong and pick up Tier 16 gear and Tier 16 trinkets to test the procs on those and your set bonuses. If you need gems/enchants/glyphs for your new gear, just made a premade of the same class, which comes with JC and enchanting and tons of mats, as well as shoulder enchants and leg enchants appropriate to their class. Or just ask me.

Return to “WoW General”