Add-on Quick Links

All things World of Warcraft
Tziva
Grade A Certified Not-Crazy
Main Character: Tziva

Add-on Quick Links

Postby Tziva » (Thursday) 11.05.09 • 12.48

If you use the Curse Client, please install WoWDB Profiler and enable the setting to upload the data you collect when you update your addons. It uses negligible resources, don't require any interaction on your part (just play the game normally) and it greatly helps with the maintenance of valuable Curse sites like WoW Database and MMO-C.

Tziva

Re: Add-on Quick Links

Postby Tziva » (Monday) 04.12.10 • 12.28

I thought I'd toss this one out there because I just found it and it's super awesome: pError.

It's a very simple, basic way to turn off particular error messages that you find unhelpful, allowing you to see the critical messages when they actually matter. It takes <10 seconds to set up.

If you have a cooldown or item macro'd into your main ability, you can turn off all the "that ability/item is not ready yet" spam without having to add additional lines to all your macros clearing errors. If you spam your buttons while waiting for your resource to become available, you can get rid of the hojillion "not enough [rage/energy/runic power]" spam. If you're a caster who likes to turn on autoattack, no more "you are too far away" errors.
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Monday) 10.18.10 • 07.47

Posessions has been updated.
Sinister
Asshat Aristocracy
Main Character: Sinister

Postby Sinister » (Sunday) 10.24.10 • 22.09

Another useful Guild related one is Guild Professions. I don't think it plays nice with Keeping tabs yet though (I haven't tested it).
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Monday) 06.27.11 • 08.54

I updated this list over the weekend in preparation for the upcoming patch.

Let me know if you think anything is missing and should be added to the master list. If it's popular or used by a lot of folks in the guild, it would be good on the list.

In fact, you're more than welcome to post a list of links to the addons you personally use (whether they belong on the big list or not) so that way then they need updating, you have a list you can quickly go down.
Hanstall
The Best Raid Leader That Ever Mispronounced Your Name
Main Character: Hanstall

Postby Hanstall » (Monday) 06.27.11 • 09.55

Everyone should be on oRA3 by now. .. Oh, and Chinchilla is spelled wrong. :) (Has 2 h's.) Chinchilla is a cute fuzzy pet. ChinCilla sounds like a bad horror movie.

P.S. Also Satrina's Buff Frames is out of date last I checked. Raven is the new cool buff mod.
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Monday) 06.27.11 • 10.30

That's right, I should update ora.

SBF is still maintained, just by someone else, it just took a long time for the new maintainer to update it. I'm still using it, in fact. I need to make sure the link is current though; the updated versions might be somewhere else. I don't remember.

I will add Raven though, since I know there's a bunch of you using it.

Edit: updated ora to v. 3, fixed Chinchilla and Possessions typos, also added Parrot since I think a lot of people use that instead of MSBT.
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Thursday) 12.01.11 • 21.02

If you were using KeepingTabs before, you should get: PutGuildBack. It attaches all your guild tabs to the bottom of your social pane so its all consolidated and either hotkey works.

As an added bonus, PutGuildBack works with Guild Professions which adds, well, guild professions to the side of your social tab so it is super easy to look up guild crafters rather than the super whore it is now. I heartily recommend both. Although if you're used to the current guild and social being separate, you probably will not be enthusiastic about PutGuildBack.

But everyone should get Guild Professions, really.
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Sunday) 09.02.12 • 14.21

Request:

If you any of you use the Curse Client, please install WoWDB Profiler and enable the setting to upload the data you collect when you update your addons. It uses negligible resources, don't require any interaction on your part (just play the game normally), and it greatly helps with the maintenance of valuable Curse sites like WoW Database and MMO-C.

Just extract it to your WoW/Interface/Addons folder like any other addon. Then adjust your settings (image below), and as long as the Curse client is active there's nothing else for you to do.
curseclient.jpg

It collects the data while you play on mobs and quests and spells and whatnot as long as you have the curse client running (in your system tray in default), and then when you close your WoW client, it will upload them to the database. I actually don't use the Curse client to update my addons, but I do have it to help with the database.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tziva

Postby Tziva » (Tuesday) 06.25.13 • 10.08

Some good pet battling addons:

Will add to OP. I especially recommend the BreedID, Pet Teams, and Auto-Safari hat although the latter isn't useful until you actually get your hat.

Return to “WoW General”